Here is my first iteration for project 3, and I decided to make it a commentary on mental health. For people struggling with mental health disorders, the cycle can feel never-ending. It is a repetitive process that can carry you through cycles of hope and despair. It is easy to feel trapped in this cycle, and despite knowing  you have the support of your peers and medication, things often feel like they will never change. I chose to add imagery of the bathroom, with a loofah representing the beginning (cleanliness, fresh start), and the clumps of hair on the wall representing the end (apathy, disorder)

Comments

  1. I love the colors here, they also do an excellent job at representing the various cycles of one's mental health whether intended or not. And all of the imagery with the medication and the locations representing the cycle as well. Overall great composition so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This already looks so dope and I immediately could understand the meaning of what you were trying to convey about mental health, and the endless cycle of struggling and trying to feel better. Theres so much emotion throughout the piece and my eye moves very smoothly over the whole thing. Very satisfying to look at and has such rich colors/textures that are very clear yet work together. I'm excited to see the final very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Luci,
    Each element you've incorporated combines to make a very strong image. Your concept is very familiar to me, and with your explanation of the elements, it makes even more sense. I enjoy the contrast of cleanliness/fresh start to apathy/disorder. Your image really speaks volumes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog